To create a culture of prayer for our Conference, churches, and members that grows them deeper in their relationship with God--giving them strength, courage, and impact in their own lives, the lives of those they love, in their ministries and that ultimately impact their communities.
Some of the ways we seek to do this:
- Pennsylvania Prayer Partners -- a team of people committed to joining our team in prayer. Monthly eblasts are sent out with prayer requests and answers to prayers. (Learn more below.)
- Blue Mountain Academy's Prayer Patch -- a team of people committed to coming along side a BMA student for the school year, praying for them, sending them notes of encouragement, and sometimes a small care package. (Learn how to get involved below.)
- Weekly Church Prayer Focus -- Each week churches across Pennsylvania join together to pray for a specific pastor and church district with a different district each week. (See our list below for the current focus.)
- Monthly School Prayer Focus -- Each month churches across Pennsylvania join together to pray for a specific principal and school with a different school each month.
- Prayer Rooms and Seminars at Conference events
- Sermons and seminars for local churches as requested
Sermons with outlines for an afternoon of prayer--click on title to download resource.
- Step-by-step idea for prayer walking your church
- A Praying Like Crazy Church (seminar)
- Praying Them Home (seminar)
- Fighting for Others in Prayer (sermon)
- Fightin' Prayers (sermon)
- We Have an Enemy (sermon)
- The Prayers of a Breaking Heart (sermon)
- 2019 First Quarter General Conference Day of Prayer materials -- World Changing Prayer Warriors: Prayers that Change the World (sermon and afternoon prayer time materials)
Women's Ministries Director
Prayer Ministries Coordinator
Tamyra is the author of several books on prayer including "Praying Like Crazy for Your Kids," "Praying Like Crazy for Your Husband," and the new book, "Teach Us to Pray."
Monthly Prayer Focus
May Prayer Focus
April 29-May 5, 2018 Hamburg and Pottsville churches with Pastor Alex DuBee
May 6-12, 2018 Bucks County Hispanic and Lawndale Hispanic with Pastor Saud Elias
May 13-19, 2018 Bethlehem North El Faro, Easton El Camino and Lehigh Valley Hispanic churches with Pastor Feleidi Garcias
May 20-26, 2018 Coudersport, Derrick City, Mount Jewett, and Warren churches with Pastor Lynn Gatz
May 27-June 2, 2018 Havertown, Philadelphia Boulevard and Chestnut Hill churches with Pastor Buddy Goodwin
May Education Prayer Focus
Mountain View Christian School, South Williamsport, Pa.
June Prayer Focus
June 3-9, 2018 Ephrata, Lancaster and West Chester churches with Pastor Tom Hennlein
June 10-16, 208 Bucks County and Fairview Village churches with Pastor Keith Ingram
June 17-23, 2018 Pilgrim and REACH Philadelphia churches with Pastor Matthew Kamara
June 24-30, 2018 Carnegie Simple Church and the Greater Pittsburgh Metro Ministry with Pastor John and Belinda Kent
June Education Prayer Focus
Pocono Adventist Christian School, Stroudsburg, Pa.
Pennsylvania Prayer Partners
Join our team in praying for the specific needs of our Conference and ministries. As part of the Pennsylvania Prayer Partners team, you'll receive monthly emails with prayer requests and updates on needs for which we've been praying. Together we can make a difference and watch God move across our state. To join, contact Tamyra Horst, email@example.com, and let her know you want to join with us in prayer.
Blue Mountain Academy Prayer Patch
Blue Mountain Academy Prayer Patch Partners encourage students, reveal God, and make a lasting impression on young people by simply praying regularly, sending a note or card often, and sending a care package occasionally. God often times these notes and gifts to arrive just at that moment when a student needed a reminder that someone cares about them.
You can impact the life of a young person. God will use you as you partner wtih Him to pray for a student and remind them that someone cares by sending a simple card, short note, or the gift of cookies or other simple treat.
You could be the difference that gives a student hope, courage or a smile on a tough day.
Sign up today by contacting Rosemary Eyere at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You'll receive the name of a BMA student and a little bit about them.
Then pray regularly. Send a note, card or package occasionally.
God will do the rest.