To create a culture of prayer for our Conference, churches, and members that grows them deeper in their relationship with God--giving them strength, courage, and impact in their own lives, the lives of those they love, in their ministries and that ultimately impact their communities.
Some of the ways we seek to do this:
- Our President's Prayer Partners -- a team of people committed to joining our Conference President in prayer. Monthly eblasts are sent out with prayer requests and answers to prayers. (Learn more below.)
- Blue Mountain Academy's Prayer Patch -- a team of people committed to coming along side a BMA student for the school year, praying for them, sending them notes of encouragement, and sometimes a small care package. (Learn how to get involved below.)
- Weekly Church Prayer Focus -- Each week churches across Pennsylvania join together to pray for a specific pastor and church district with a different district each week. (See our list below for the current focus.)
- Monthly School Prayer Focus -- Each month churches across Pennsylvania join together to pray for a specific principal and school with a different school each month.
- Prayer Rooms and Seminars at Conference events
- Sermons and seminars for local churches as requested
- Annual Conference Day of Prayer Event held in a local church and live-streamed throughout our Conference the first Sabbath of each year
Sermons with outlines for an afternoon of prayer--click on title to download resource. Our Team
Women's Ministries Director
Prayer Ministries Coordinator
610.374.8331 ext 236
Tamyra is the author of several books on prayer including "Praying Like Crazy for Your Kids," "Praying Like Crazy for Your Husband," and the new book, "Teach Us to Pray."
Monthly Prayer Focus
May Prayer Focus
April 30-May 6 Pilgrim and REACH churches (Philadelphia) with Pastor Matthew Kamara
May 7-13 Carnegie Simple Church and Pittsburgh Metro Ministries with Pastor John and Belinda Kent
May 14-20 Philadelphia Central church with Pastor Kyongsup Kim
May 21-27 Blue Mountain Academy church with Pastor SangHae Kim
May 28-June 3 Gettysburg and Hanover churches with Pastor Bryan Laue
May School Focus
Mountain View Christian School (South Williamsport, Pa.) with Principal Frank Stahl
June Prayer Focus
June 4-10 Grace Hispanic, Maranatha Hispanic, Philadelphia Hispanic II and South Philadelphia Hispanic churches with Pastor Wilfred Malave
June 11-17 Hampden Heights (Temple, Pa.) and Fleetwood churches with Pastor Pete Maldonado
June 18-24 Chambersburg, Waynesboro, Chambersburg Hispanic and Needmore churches with Pastor Preston Monterrey
June 25-July 1 York and York Springs churches with Pastor Randy Nims
June School Focus
Pocono Adventist School (Stroudsburg, Pa.) with Principal Machelle Williams
President's Prayer Partners
Join our Conference President in praying for the specific needs of our Conference and ministries. As part of the President's Prayer Partners team, you'll receive monthly emails with prayer requests and updates on needs for which we've been praying. Together we can make a difference and watch God move across our state. To join, contact Tamyra Horst, email@example.com, and let her know you want to join with us in prayer.
Blue Mountain Academy Prayer Patch
Blue Mountain Academy Prayer Patch Partners encourage students, reveal God, and make a lasting impression on young people by simply praying regularly, sending a note or card often, and sending a care package occasionally. God often times these notes and gifts to arrive just at that moment when a student needed a reminder that someone cares about them.
You can impact the life of a young person. God will use you as you partner wtih Him to pray for a student and remind them that someone cares by sending a simple card, short note, or the gift of cookies or other simple treat.
You could be the difference that gives a student hope, courage or a smile on a tough day.
Sign up today by contacting Rosemary Eyere at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You'll receive the name of a BMA student and a little bit about them.
Then pray regularly. Send a note, card or package occasionally.
God will do the rest.